Change your cookies preferences

Proof of Dutch knowledge for teaching staff

Would you like to work in a Flemish secondary school or in Flemish adult education? Then you will have to demonstrate your level of Dutch.

You will need level B1, B2 or C1, depending on the position.

At the Huis van het Nederlands you can take a test to prove your level B1 or B2. For level C1 you need to go to the CNaVT (Certificate for Dutch as a Foreign Language).

Which test are you taking at the Huis van het Nederlands?

The test consists of two parts. You start with reading and listening. This part is done on the computer and takes half a day. If this part is too difficult, the test will stop there and you will not have passed. 

If the reading and listening test goes well, an appointment will be made for the speaking and writing test at a later date. This is done with an employee of the Huis.

More information

Do you have questions about the tests?

Do you have questions about the procedure?

Check the website of the Flemish Ministry of Education and Training (Dutch only).