Change your cookies preferences

Proof of Dutch knowledge for public administration staff

Do you want to work for a public administration in Flanders? Then you need to have a certain level of Dutch.

This depends on the level of recruitment:

  • recruitment level C (technical and care functions): B1
  • recruitment level D (administrative and care functions): B1
  • recruitment level D (non-administrative and care functions) and E: A2

Which test are you taking at the Huis van het Nederlands?

The test consists of two parts. You start with reading and listening. This part is done on the computer and takes half a day. If this part is too difficult, the test will stop there and you will not have passed. 

If the reading and listening test goes well, an appointment will be made for the speaking and writing test at a later date. This is done with an employee of the Huis.

More information

Do you have questions about the tests?

Do you have questions about the procedure?

More information about language legislation is available on the website of the Association of Flemish Cities and Municipalities (Dutch only).