Change your cookies preferences

Specific test and certificates

Do you need a certificate to prove your knowledge of Dutch?

For a number of certificates you can take a test at the Dutch Language House, Brussels. If you pass, you receive the certificate. These tests always happen by appointment.


Are you unsure whether you have the required level? Then vist us to take apre-screening.

Read more

File an appeal

If you are dissatisfied with the procedure or the result of a test with civil effect’, you can file an appeal free of charge. All necessary information can be found on the Agentschap Integratie en Inburgering’s website. This website only exists in Dutch. Do not hesitate to send an email to info@​huisnederlandsbrussel.​be for information in English.

Send your questions about the appeal procedure to tevredenheid@​integratie-​inburgering.​be.

The following tests are covered:

  • Proof of Dutch knowledge for childcare workers and managers of day-care centres
  • Proof of Dutch knowledge for nationality applications
  • Dutch exemption test for civic integration
  • Proof of Dutch knowledge for public administration staff
  • Proof of Dutch knowledge for teaching staff