At the Huis van het Nederlands you can:
- get advice on learning and practicing Dutch
- sign up for Dutch lessons
- You can make an appointment by phone or mail.
- +32 2 313 96 00
You do a test and meet with an employee who will advise you on a course or activities to practice Dutch.
- Allow half a day for your visit
- Bring valid proof of identity
The Huis van het Nederlands informs you about different options: Dutch for beginners or advanced learners, fast learning or just at a slower pace, oral and written courses, in different municipalities in Brussels, both during the day and in the evening. Based on a test and on your situation, we advise a Dutch course.
Do you want to do a test to know your level of Dutch, but you do not look for a Dutch course? That is possible. Visit the Huis van het Nederlands and do a test. The duration of the test depends on your level of Dutch.
Signing up for a course
After getting an advice, you decide wether or not to sign up for the course.
For most courses in Dutch-speaking adult education in Brussels you can sign up at the Huis van het Nederlands.
- Our advice is free.
- Do you want to sign up for a Dutch course? You pay a maximum of 50 euros if you live in a Brussels municipality. Don’t live in Brussels? Then you will pay a maximum of 122 euros per course.
- Level B2 courses (3.1, 3.2) and higher: a maximum of €122 per module
Head office Brussels
An entrance without stairs is to be found at the back of the Huis van het Nederlands. Go to Nieuwland 9, 1000 Brussels and ring at the gate.
Community center Essegem
Leopold I‑straat 329
Sans Soucistraat 131
Closing days 2020
Planning a visit to the Huis van het Nederlands? Have a look at our closing days in 2020 to check if we are open.Closing days in 2020